THE FOLLOWING POLICIES ARE ESTABLISHED TO ENSURE THAT ALL PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS ARE TREATED EQUALLY.
Please read the following policies. If you feel that you meet the guidelines for qualifying, we encourage you to submit an application.
Fireside Property Management adheres strictly to all requirements of the Fair Housing Laws. We do not discriminate against any applicant for reasons of race, color, religion, sex (gender), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin (including language use restrictions), ancestry, familial status, source of income, physical or mental disability, medical condition or age.
Megan’s Law Notice
The California Department of Justice and local law enforcement authorities maintain a database of the locations of registered sex offenders and will respond to consumer inquiries. Please go to www.meganslaw.ca.gov for more information.
- Each person 18 years or over, or emancipated minors must complete an application; only applicants and their minor children may reside at the property
- Acceptance of a co-signer is not normal policy and is subject to approval or denial by the owner.
- The application will not be considered with missing or false information.
Screening fee:: $45 (credit card) or $30 (cash) for each applicant and co-signer 18 years or older
- Fireside Property Management will obtain a screening report which will include credit history, criminal and eviction records for each applicant over 18 years old and emancipated minors. Reports supplied by applicants will not be accepted.
- The following can cause an application to be denied:
- Any collections with an outstanding balance that has not been paid in full with evidence provided.
- Unsatisfied judgments or liens
- Unlawful detainer within the last 3 years
- Non discharged bankruptcies
- Being more than 60 days late on any account open or closed within the last 3 years
- Unsatisfactory landlord rating
If you have a freeze on your credit report, you will need to un-freeze your credit report before we run the screening report. If you do not un-freeze your credit report, we will need to run the screening report a second time and an additional fee will be required. Failure to un-freeze your credit report and/or pay for a second screening report will cause your application to be denied.
If applicant has late payments that are isolated to a mortgage and all other debts are satisfactory, then owner approval will be requested. Please explain circumstances of late mortgage payments when applying. An additional deposit may be required.
- Applicant’s gross monthly income must be 3 times the amount of the monthly rent.
- Income will be verified from copies current paystubs provided with the application.
- Self-employed applicants must provide most recent 2 years tax returns, plus financial statements for most recent calendar quarter.
- Proof of earnings from social security, child support, alimony and/or spousal support must be documented.
- Unverifiable income will not be considered.
- Photo ID is required at the time of application submission.
Condition of move-in
- Lease/rental agreement must be signed within 24 hours of Fireside Property Management’s offer to applicant to rent. Once approved, our system will generate the lease agreement and send to all applicants for review and electronic signature.
- All utility accounts must be transferred into residents name as of date of possession.
- Possession will be offered when Fireside Property Management determines that the property is ready for occupancy unless prospective tenant is provided with written instructions otherwise.
- Security deposit and first months rent (prorated) are to be paid in two separate cashiers checks or money orders only at the time of signing the lease or paid electronically thru the tenant portal. We must have a signed lease agreement and security deposit before we will consider the property to be rented. Failure to deliver the security deposit as required could cause the lease agreement to be cancelled. Daily rental rate will be charged if keys are released prior to date on lease/rental agreement.